5 Symptoms to Watch Out for After a Car Accident
Car accidents may not seem to leave any damage at first, but it is always important to be examined by a medical professional just in case an underlying injury occurred. Before you reach a settlement, here are five symptoms to watch out for.
- Migraines or Headaches – This can be an indicator of head or neck trauma. You may be experiencing post-concussion syndrome (PCS).
- Vertigo – Another indicator of PCS, whiplash can also lead to vertigo (A false sensation of movement that often presents as the feeling that the room is spinning.
- Diminished Cognitive Function – Memory and ability to focus, in particular, may be affected.
- Mood Swings or Irritability – Most people do not recognize this symptom in themselves, so don’t ignore it if a family member or co-worker mentions that you have been acting funny, perhaps a little more irritable than usual.
- Insomnia – This can be a symptom of PTSD (you may have nightmares about the accident), but it can also indicate PCS.
If any of these symptoms arise in the weeks or months following a car accident, be sure to go back to the doctor for an examination. Worry about getting well first, but you should also hire a personal injury attorney to help you maximize your settlement.
Southern California’s Personal Injury Attorneys
At Petrov Law Firm, we specialize in helping the victims of car accidents to recover their losses. Car insurance companies always try to pay out as little as they can. The right support can help you to get compensated for your medical bills as well as things like lost wages and emotional pain and suffering. To learn more, call us today at 619-344-0360.